Jumping Rope

OMG! Why didn't someone tell me jumping rope was so hard. Maybe they did and I didn't listen. I read that jumping rope was the best exercise, even better than running. Well I've run 5k's 10k's and even a Marathon so I didn't think that it would be that hard. I just ran 8 miles on Sunday. Run 10-15 miles a week, so jumping rope for 10 minutes to start and working my self up to 30 should be a piece of cake. NOT! I jumped rope for 1 minute and I 'bout died! When I tell you I was sweatin' like a pig and had only jumped for a minute! What that Hell! So I rested a couple of seconds and then jumped one more minute. I felt like I had run some miles. I told my husband I think I need to puff on my inhaler. (I haven't used my inhaler in months). I didn't use it this time but man my lungs/chest were burning, after only 2 friggin mins of jumping rope.

I am determined to get better. On Tuesday I jumped 3 mins still having to rest after each minute. I will conquer this. I went to the Internet, the answer to all, and found a jump roping video on you tube I think. I'm doing it all wrong. I'm jumping like we did when we were children. I should be using more wrist action and less arm action. I will try it again tonight and see if I can last longer than 3 minutes.

I'm definitely on the road to fitness.... But who knew!

Comments

Popular Posts