Customer Service

I know this blog is about the road to fitness, however, yesterday I took my car to the dealer to be serviced and didn't have a pleasant experience. Let me first say my first visit to this dealer was GREAT and I told everyone. Well this time was not and I'm going to tell THE WORLD!



I knew I needed brakes, because when I went for my regular service in April they told me so. It wasn't in the budget at the time so I hate to wait. So I make an appointment and go in at 11:00 a.m. I decide to have it detailed inside and out as well. Cost for detail 184.00 Brakes 380.00 (estimate). I ask how long it will be and I'm told 5 hours for both services. My girlfriends and I go to lunch. Because my car wasn't going to be ready until 5:00 p.m. I went to one of my girlfriends doctors' appointment with her. We got back to the dealer at 4:45 p.m. I walked in and my service advisor said hey you need brakes. I looked at him and said I know that's what I brought the car in for. He picked up the paper work and said "Oh yeah". Can you FRIGGIN Believe it! I said are you telling my my car isn't complete? He said you need rotors also. I said okay what are you telling me? He said, I've been so busy I haven't been able to call you to get authorization to do the rotors. I said do you mean to tell me that my car hasn't been started. What the F! He said the detailing is done. Big Whoopee!



I was fit to be tied. He said we'll give you a loaner car and we'll take care of it first thing tomorrow. I told him that I had left my car over 6 hours ago and you couldn't call me during the last 6 hours? His excuse was that they were very busy. So my friend says tell them you want your car delivered to you and the loaner picked up. I spoke to the manager and He said that could be done.



The service advisor then took me to see the detailing. He suggested that I needed floor mats ( I bought the car used and there were none). He said that you should ask the manager to give you floor mats. So we did that. The manager said because that was parts and not service he could not do that but would give me my detailing for free (184.00) . The service advisor said to me if he can't get you the mats then I'll get some out of one of our loaner cars and give them to you. I told him thank you. I also have a dent in the back of my car (small one but noticeable). He said it was to deep for the detailing to take out so he would get some touch up paint and have them fill it in and buff it out for me. So here are my four promises:




  • Detailing for free

  • Floor mats from one of the loaner cars

  • Pick up loaner car and deliver my car to my home

  • Touch up paint and buffing on dent/scratch in rear of the car

This morning at 11:00 a.m. my service advisor called and said my car was ready. He said it would be 647.00 and that they were open until 7:00 p.m.


Here are my issues, tell me if I'm wrong:



  • No mention of coming to get the loaner car

  • I decide I shouldn't have to mention it because it was a promise that was made to me.

  • I go to pick up my car and the service advisor says let me know when you want to come in and have the dent removed

  • My response was that I didn't know if I would ever return.

  • He asked why? I told him that the service was poor, and that he had promised me he would deliver my car. His response was why didn't I say anything to him? I explained my position was that he made that promise. I told him I worked for a major company and that customer service is what I did and never would I treat my customer the way I've been treated.

  • He said we are truly sorry so that's why we gave you the 200.00 detailing for free to show you we were sincere. So what else could we have done. He asked for a tip based on an event I've had. I told him that I have to make sure that the technicians for our company take care of our customers by being there when we say we will be. When that doesn't happen then I have to give my customers what they want to satisfy them. I told him I write down the promises I've made to my customers and I make sure to follow through with those promises. I told him he didn't follow through. He thanked me for my tips and I went to my car.

  • When I got in the car I saw there were no mats. I didn't even think to look to see if the touch up paint was done. When I reached my destination I checked, NOT! So I left a voicemail for him.

  • Still waiting for my call back.

You tell me am I asking for too much? Should I be satisfied with the 200.00 detailing I received? If I don't receive a call back from the service advisor by 5:00 p.m. tomorrow, I will contact corporate, that is unless you tell me I'm taking it too far!



Comments

Popular Posts